ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP: Oil Filter Removal!

Clio 2002 1.4 Dyn+

Have attempted to give my clio an oil & filter change but have been having some trouble getting the oil filter off my 2002 1.4 16V clio. I have presumed that anticlowise should loosen off the filter but it dosent seem to budge. The thing I have noticed is the numbering on my existing filter is 1-2-3-4 clockwise and the part I have been sold by the dealer is 1-2-3-4 anticlockwise. My car is an import from trade-sales and I was wondering if anyone knows what direction is used to loosen the filter? CW / ACW?

Any ideas will be much obliged!

Cheers!

anti-clockwise for it off - if its stiff, stick a screwdriver through the middle of it (it will be messy) and use that as a lever to wind it off. and when you put the new one on - dont overtighten it, hand tight!

but if you put a screwdriver through the middle of it you will feck the whole thing up,

If its the same as the 1.2 16v 2002 then the filter is inside a holder not just a screw in filter like many cars,

Mine was a bit stiff when it was changed saturday but just use a large adjustable spanner