ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Oil Treatments!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

My mechanic friend used some dogs boll*cks oil & fuel treatment apprently, but after having run it through the system for 5 mins came the time to give it an oil change.

Hummm, hasnt got the right sized square socket bit so the stuff has to stay in till next weekend!

Dont know exactly what it was but it seemed strong as the xorst smoked for about 15mins afterwards.

Will this do any damage? Please will only any1 who has a good idea post as opinions are only meaningfull with experiance and knowleadge. Not sounding patronising BTW. :oops:

Thanx peeps.

cor, you are picky!

well, firstly, it depends what additive, some are fine, some are heavy chemicals and some are acids. If YOU dont know how can we help!

Its not very hard to get an old extension bar and grind the square end down to an 8mm one is it..........

i would get it out, if its a 15min treatment, its going to be pretty abrasive, i have only really dealt with diesel engine additives.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Picky? ME? Ha ha. ;)

It is surpose to be run in for 5 mins i think.

Hoping for some genral info on these products really, ive read on one that its alright to use some time close to a service or words to that effect, so i suspect it aint that bad. Cheers.

you know the name of it?

there is some horrible brown stuff for diesels which rapes them.......cleans em up good for emissions though

Skoda Fabia vRS

could the bottle have been purple by any chance, or was it definitely dark blue, and how big a bottle was it

if its only supposed to be in for five minutes id say its an engine flush, and you shouldnt leave that in, definitely not

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Hows that work? Its a square socket key bit!

Do i have to buy a new sump plug washer? I think i know how to do the rest but it is a pain i know.

When the manual says remove the oil filter facing upwards whats that mean? The sealed side which attaches to engine or the side with holes in? :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by coolspot007007 on 07 April 2003

or use a flat blade screw driver?
:eek: Just pay a couple of pounds and get the square socket! saves a potential mess and your use it more than once.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Got some mechanic to do it as a foriegner (a different one), job done & the mobil 1 stuff is VERY impressive. Cars now running to perfection. :D