ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help on cd changer

Clio 172
Hi all, i`m new to the clio 172. i`ve just opened the boot to find a lead just lieing there. i take it this is the cd changer lead?? do i just buy a cd changer plug this lead into it & away i go??

cheers guys.

Clio Sport 172
it should look like a 9 pin rectangular thing

| | | | |
| | | |

like that been a while since i took it off lol

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Most of them are usually under the passengers seat or drivers seat.

Not many were put in the boot IIRC.

I have a 182 (54 reg) with the tuner/update list standard head unit... the ICE has not been touched at all from factory fitted... So are you saying that i would already have the CD changer cable already run through to the driver/passenger seat?...

Thanks!

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
I have a 182 (54 reg) with the tuner/update list standard head unit... the ICE has not been touched at all from factory fitted... So are you saying that i would already have the CD changer cable already run through to the driver/passenger seat?...

Thanks!

iirc the wiring was only fitted if the cd changer was chosen as an optional extra, and they installed them in the most ridiculous way ever, as me and ben_ward2oo5 found out lol
easiest way to find out, just take out the map tray from under the seat and if there is a wire tucked under there with a sort of rectangular plug on the end, u have a cd changer wire!!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Clioftw, thanks mate!
I will investigate!.... I'm shocked though, Renault, being awkward?!... Never!?

Was it you who asked in another thread about the changer ??

and I said that if you have the standard headunit in & it's a cd one you won't have a changer. if you have the standard one in & it's a tape player the cd changer will be under the passenger side seat.