ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help on engine tuning 1.2!!

clio 172 cup

hi guyz iam new 2 this forum and hope i enjoy my stay.

Anyway i have a question that ive already asked on another forum and was given this forum 2 use so this is my problem..

ive got a 1.2 clio mk2 and i want it running as quick as poss got a grand to spend on making it faster but i wanna keep the same engine any1 have any ideas and is it worth it?

i have a air filter and exhaust already

was thinking along the lines of having it de catted super chipped mayb a racing cam... wat u guyz think? Aslo been told that i cud turbo the engine i already ave which i didnt think was possiable.. if so wud it make it much quicker and how much we talking?

cheers

Lee

£900 will get you cams, full remap, decat. Thats should be ok for about 93hp.

Tunnign the 1.2 isnt realy cost effective but does make for somehting unique.

Spend about another £500 ontop of the above for ported head and youll be on about 105hp.

There are a few tunning optiosn though £5.5k for a supercharger (about 120hp). About £3.5~4k for a 110hp turbo kit (guesstimate based on what others have said.

Throttle bodies will get you about 110~115hp for about £3.5 to 4k.

The only one above which anything I know has been thought of is the turbo which K-tec are supposed to be doing some time.

Its not very cost effective tunning cars particualrly N/A ones. Especially if fatser ones are out there.

I know of a lad that spent about £2.5k on a 1.2 16V and got 105~110hp so its shows how effective it is.