ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please on the job now and getting dark :-(

Did the abs rings but can seem to get the end of the driveshaft bit(big centre nut) to jut out alot so I can get the nut on and the ball joint sqaured up.

Thanks

Got it done wasn't to hard. Bashed it with a rubber mallet. I wasn't sure if I was to bang it that hard But slowly it went ok. Il try to get some pics up for a guide. Cheers for the written guide Fred :cool:

Honestly mate it's easy. Look at my previous threads and Fred has put a written guide there. It's abit basic but it's all you really need.

Breaker bar for the hub nut to break it. Loosen it till it comes off.

2 x 18mm nut and bolt need undoing they are for the ball joint. I did the one closest to the hub first as I'd you put an 18mm socket on the bottom and a 18mm spanner on the top it's quite hard even when getting loose. So if you jam the spanner next to something like another bolt or somewhere it can't move its much easier to undo. I pulled and hammered the hub back till it comes out but IMO I would get a cheap hub puller. You can either pull the brakes off so you got loads of space but I didn't bother. Hammer the old ring out. Wire brush the bit where the new abs ring is gonna go as there will be crap there. Grease the inside of the new ring. Tap it in gently and evenly.

Then do everything in reverse and bash the hub to get it Back in lol.