ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP Please... UCH Q??

So I may be sending my UCH off to a company to look at rather than bending over for renault.

How do I remove it?
All I know is that it is under the glove box lol.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Megane dci 130
Take off the fuse box cover. Undo the 3/4 screws in there.
Under the pastic trim down and to the left of the glove box theres a 13mm bolt, undo that and it then should be loose.

Un do the 3/4 connectors and remove.

Evo 8 MR
Is a UCH even repairable?

If it's got an internal fault surely it makes sense to replace it?

Is a UCH even repairable?

If it's got an internal fault surely it makes sense to replace it?

well it's going to cost me £520 to have it replaced, so I'm looking at other options ATM lol..

BBM reman can repair alot of electrical things.

That will be where I am sending it, they said if they can't do anything with it, then you just pay the cost of the courier, so it's worth a try.
Before I send it though, I'm going to get the car diagnosed to see if it is defiantly the UCH (I'm pretty certain it will be).

Whats the fault with the car?

The hazards wint turn off... Tried having a brand new switch, but that didn't work...

Also since the problem has occurred, the screen for the satnav doesn't turn on nor does the stereo/cd changer.

(the problem started in the middle of the night, when the car was stood doing nothing)

Megane dci 130
Not being funny but I would be checking fuses 1st bud. Check ALL the fuses one by one. Satnav and radio are not fed by the UCH in any way so the problem will lie else ware. Has yours got an alarm also?

Yup got an alarm... I've played about with the fuses.

I've taken out the hazard ones so I don't drain the battery, but when I take the UCH fuses out, the flashing does stop!

What do you suggest matey? I'm going to get someone to diagnose the problem at the start of the week, hopefully it will just be a cheap fix...

The stereo does turn on, I just can't work out how to input the code as I have no screen to see what I'm doing.

Also, on a side note, I thought that the UCH controls all the electrics, including the stereeo and satnav?

(I have had the battery off since the problem occurred if this could have messed up the satnav?!?)

172DD Cup
not sure if you're the chap i replied to in a previous thread above cutting wires....? :)

anyhoo, have you disconnected the alarm to see if this stops the hazard lights, that would be cheaper than anything :)

172DD Cup
just a thought, i dont know if the alarm is linked to the uch, but if it is, and you're taking out uch fuses, that in turn would stop the alarm having any effect on the hazards

not sure if you're the chap i replied to in a previous thread above cutting wires....? :)

anyhoo, have you disconnected the alarm to see if this stops the hazard lights, that would be cheaper than anything :)

We got to the alarm system but couldn't work out how to unplug it :S
It is the little box underneath the wiper motor isn't it?!?
Could you let me know how to disconnect it, and reset so that I can try that before I blow a lot Of pennies lol. ?

172DD Cup
when i disconnected the alarm i traced the wires and they run through the fuses in the fuse/relay box to the right of the battery, but the alarm has battery back up so i'm not sure if removing fuses will work.

once you remove the wiper assembly and gain access to the alarm box, you need to undo the two 10mm (or 12mm?) bolts either side of the bracket. then you can lift the alarm box out of the bracket and away from the car. the wiring plug is hard to pull out of the alarm box. i just grabbed a handful of wires and pulled and wiggled and it came free.

now, this wire i want you to cut. the only thing it will affect is the alarm setting off the hazard lights. (you can always reconnect it if its not the problem, will be easier then removing the alarm box.) you'll still get the siren, and you'll still get the hazard light flash when you de/activate the central locking. if you want, i'll take a pic tomorrow of the wire i cut so you can see what i did. it's a five second job, compared to a half hour job and a mission to disconnect the alarm plug :) but i appreciate its daunting to start cutting wires :)

Thanks mate, if you could get a pic that would be great! Hopefully the rain will jog on so I can have a good go at sorting this problem without bending over for Renault.

That write up is great aswell, will be of great help!

Megane dci 130
Yep on the alarm, remove the 3 plastic screws on the triangular piece of plastic. Then pull the plug out.

Will it be a case of unplug, then plug straight back in to reset, or do I need to make sure that it's backup battery runs out of power to ensure that it resets?

PROBLEM SORTED :D

Thanks guys for all your help! <3

Now onto the next problem... Since having the battery off, the satnav screen doesn't turn on and I don't know how to input the radio code as I have no screen to look at what I'm inputting! Help please!

Megane dci 130
Never heard of that one. I input the code via the stalk controls with the wheel on the back and the bottom button. Check all the fuses once again mate.

Oh and to cure the hazards problem, you will need a new alarm unit.

172DD Cup
how did you sort the problem out, is the alarm disconnected at the moment or was it a case of unplugging and plugging in again?

Da

Less
Have you had the headunit out at all?

Seems coincidence that your hazards and sat nav screen have both been playing up seen as they are both in the same area.

The screen not coming on could be a simple loose connection inside the dash top. Have you had the dash off?

Never heard of that one. I input the code via the stalk controls with the wheel on the back and the bottom button. Check all the fuses once again mate.

Oh and to cure the hazards problem, you will need a new alarm unit.
My dad seems to think that I must have knocked a wire out of place when I was looking behind the dash, causing the satnav wire to become dislodged or something. I'm not too worried about that ATM though as I can live without it. I'll have a play about with it in the week.

how did you sort the problem out, is the alarm disconnected at the moment or was it a case of unplugging and plugging in again?

We ended up cutting the black/white wire as a temporary measure, as we worked out it definitely was the alarm.
I'm going to get a new unit and then we'll reconnect everything up again.
So glad it's not the UCH, thanks for all you help mate, I appreciate it, even if I didn't listen first time ;)

Have you had the headunit out at all?

Seems coincidence that your hazards and sat nav screen have both been playing up seen as they are both in the same area.

The screen not coming on could be a simple loose connection inside the dash top. Have you had the dash off?

As above, think ive just knocked a wire out of place when I was fiddling with the hazard switch. I'm going to have a play about with it some time in the week to sort it out.

Right ok... Reviving an old thread here...

The problem has started up again!!!!! :mad:

My hazards wont turn off! Weve had the alarm unit totally off, and even then the hazards are still flashing!

Also, weve had the dash off, inspected the satnav unit and all the wiring seems to be fine (even the disc unit in the boot works fine). My bro took the satnav screen apart and all the connections and circuits etc seem to be in working condition.

Is this likely to be the UCH??? If so, ill be having it off and sending it to BBM