ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help please!!!!

M111Y CR
hi i own a 172 and on saturday mornng on my way to newquay i was going down the m5 and drove over a catalytic convertor in the middle of the fast lane! so couldnt avoid it, it smashed all the covering underneath and now theres insulation hanging out! after this, as there was no inital problems as i didnt notice the underneath till i got to newquay, i thought id race with a 2.5 audi a6, so driving at 140 for 4 miles racing resulted in my serv, abs and esp lighs coming on, does anyone know whether the lights coming on and the esp and abs stoping, could be due to them being tripped out by limiting the car? or do you think the previous encounter may have damaged something internally, or have i just K.O. thecar?!?

i hope not.... any info would be really appreciated before i have a look myself or take it the garage!

cheers milly

thats well poo, i know on golfs if you push them you have to go and get all the fault codes cleared, dont know if its the same with a 172 though.
hope you get it sorted.

Da

Less
abs, serv an esp light is to do with brake pedal switch usually. Do the lights go off when you restart the car?

M111Y CR
no lights stay on, my mate was in the car as we were goin newquay and he thought i may have tripped it or blown a fuse, ive checked all the fuses and there fine, i thought that i may need to have the codes reset and then everthing to do with the esp and abs may work again, i know that ktec have a device for this for £70 and i imagine a garage would charge similar.

£70 is well expensive for a little job like that.
you could buy your own fault code reader for less
Often they don't clear the faults or realy tell you want up on Renault due to the Renault system.
resulted in my serv, abs and esp lighs coming on, does anyone know whether the lights coming on and the esp and abs stoping, could be due to them being tripped out by limiting the car? or do you think the previous encounter may have damaged something internally
Stupid IMO to go hit somehting that big in the road and then drive at those speeds.

The limiter doens't affect the light sounds like somehtring been knock most lily a ABS sensor or ring is damaged IMO.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
so something weighing about 5 kilos hits the underneath of your car whilst travelling at 70mph, and then you decide to travel at 140 mph for 4 miles.....

You ever thought of entering university challenge?