ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please ..

Porsche Boxster987S
Decided to use flickr for the first time today after using PB for the last 2 years. Seems a bit 'different' but more importantly the pics seem a better quality. However , i put some pics up in the deatiling section by right clicking , copy and then pasting in the box where i was making my thread. The pics came up quite small so i tried clicking on the pics in flickr to see them bigger and copied etc from there and it seemed to work. My problem is that ive tried to create the same thread on others forums (meganesport and detailingworld) but after right clicking and selecting copy , when i go to paste them into the thread it wont allow me to select paste.

If anyone has an idea of what i mean , can you please help me out or point me in the right direction:eek:

Thanks

Partner's Astra SRi
Right click on the picture and click Properties. Copy the Address(URL). Click on this
insertimage.gif
icon on the forum and paste the url. This inserts the picture.

(that is assuming that this
insertimage.gif
feature is used on those forums...I don't know)

Assume you're choosing Copy Image Location, I can't see why it wouldn't let you paste it though if you can paste it on here.

Porsche Boxster987S
nope , still nothing. Wont let me highlight the ''paste'' option

edit: it will still allow me to do it as normal on cliosport

Last edited:
  Partner's Astra SRi
No, you need you username afterwards like Greg said.

Like mine is flickr.com/lolliopollio

Do those forums not have this
insertimage.gif
icon? Did you try the way I said?

Partner's Astra SRi
Ok, I just logged into my detailing world account.

I see what you mean, if you right click whilst creating a post, the Paste option isn't highlighted. However, the way I said works perfectly so I suggest that way. They must have the Paste option disabled.

(^^P Mac - Ctrl + V doesn't work, I guess because they have disabled the paste option)

Porsche Boxster987S
oh ive also been meaning to ask , it says i exceeded my bandwidth on PB and to upgrade to pro but it would cost me. It also says on flickr ill need to pay $24 for a year??? Ive never had to pay for PB before but is this the case with flickr?

Ian

Focus TDCi
You have a maximum of 100Mb per month for Flickr and up to a maximum of 200 photos total for a free account. If you want to store more than 200 you will have to upgrade to pro (or do what I do - create a second account lol, surprised they haven't banned me for doing it tbh).

Filesize isn't really an issue as you can export from Lightroom or PS or whatever at say 800px longest side and 80% quality and each file will only be a couple of hundred Kb max.