ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP PLEASE

172 with k-tec sound
hi guys n girls, well basically my car just passed its mot so to celebrate we decided to give it a bit of a clean, so we vaced it n washed it but after washing it, we went to pick our son up and as we pulled off ,the dash lit up with three warning lights, the traction controll light, the serv light, and the square box with jagged lines thru it, any way the car was revving itself and there was no power, limp mode i think. anyway i pulled over turned the car off and restarted it after a min, it was ok no lights but now it seems like its misfiring and sounds like a chugging when trying to accelerate,and stinks of petrol one min its ok pulls fine n then does it again, also the toxic fume light has lit up now. i dont think its just a coincidence that it has happened after washing it but WHAT THE FECK IS IT:mad: thats causing it cos the petrol smell is worrying to say the least.:(

172 with k-tec sound
hi guys n girls, well basically my car just passed its mot so to celebrate we decided to give it a bit of a clean, so we vaced it n washed it but after washing it, we went to pick our son up and as we pulled off ,the dash lit up with three warning lights, the traction controll light, the serv light, and the square box with jagged lines thru it, any way the car was revving itself and there was no power, limp mode i think. anyway i pulled over turned the car off and restarted it after a min, it was ok no lights but now it seems like its misfiring and sounds like a chugging when trying to accelerate,and stinks of petrol one min its ok pulls fine n then does it again, also the toxic fume light has lit up now. i dont think its just a coincidence that it has happened after washing it but WHAT THE FECK IS IT:mad: thats causing it cos the petrol smell is worrying to say the least.:(

also had starting probs now and when it does start it stinks of petrol n there is blue smoke coming out the exhaust when revved, also it sounds like its missing or something. im round at da's of the forum and were drawing a blank (thanks daz for having a look):D.

172 with k-tec sound
well after me and da fooked around with it, i decided to head to asda as we needed petrol and car seemed to be better, and what do u know it drove all the way to asda and back without missing a heartbeat, i just dont get what caused this all in the first place, all i can possibly think is that when i washed it something got wet fook knows what, and now its dried its fine, my only concern is that if it is down to something getting wet then i need to know what so i can prevent it happening again b 4 we get any rain or i wash her again.

Titanium 182
Coil pack. (Pencil coil)

Firing on 3 cylinders = unburnt fuel = Smell of petrol.

£50.

Yours sounds intermittent. But it can damage your engine if you don't change it and rev it hard.

Da

Less
I said the coilpack initally and after having all the plugs out plug number 2 showed signs of being wet, so probably wasn't firing as thought.

Didn't check the fuel lines as the pump was priming and you could smell fuel the car just wouldn't fire up.

172 with k-tec sound
just ran it to the shops again and all seems ok, still got that toxic fume warning light, but had that on and off since buying her.

172 with k-tec sound
Did you wash under the bonnet? Hasnt got damp in the plug holes? seen it before!

no, just washed her as normal but ive had damp probs, steaming up when aircon is off and only way to sort it is to have aircon on all the time, gets worse when it rains and stinkds of damp socks lol.

172 with k-tec sound
well after car was stood overnight all still seems fine and car is back to normal, so the only conclusion i can draw is that water has somehow got onto something electrical, im guessing in the scuttle panel area, as my car is allways parked under a tree and possibly i have a blocked drain ect, so im looking at going over the wiring ect with a fine tooth comb and checking all drain areas for blockages ect. and checking for any corrosion, after that was thinking of using some sort of damp spray that will seal and protect any wiring, (cant remember what its called). and wait for the rain to see if this happens again lol.