ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! - Rear Discs

172 ph1

Should 172 rear discs come with the abs ring fitted, or do you have to remove it from the old disc?

If you have to use the old one, any tips on removing it? It doesnt want to come off!

Cheers

Mine came from Renault with shiny new abs rings and bearings.

Think you need a tool to remove them properly as well.

Mine are waiting to be done as soon as I can get my wheel locks off :(

Weeman sucks ****

Is the ABS bit the big cog? Youll need a press to get the bearings in there to.

[Edited by CHRIS172CUP on 5/18/2005 10:03:12 AM]

Forget that, Im being dim although not sure what the gog/teeth are for?!?!

172 ph1

Yes, great if youve got a cup!

For anyone changing rear disks themselves I would strongly recommend getting them from Renault and saving a lot of grief!

Plus the bearing is daft money from Renault as well (it more often than not gets damaged on removal from the old disk).

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

Never fit a secondhand bearing IMO.

Also if you chip a tooth off the abs ring your gonna get a warning light on, and the abs wont work.

In my experience if the ring is fitted to the disc the new disc came with the ring fitted.

Dave

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 18 May 2005

Mine came from Renault with shiny new abs rings and bearings.

Think you need a tool to remove them properly as well.

Mine are waiting to be done as soon as I can get my wheel locks off :(
Still not found it yet then! ;)

Im due to get new rear discs (to cure bearing prob!) and pads fitted once my life has settled down! :cry:

Discs from Reno cost £179.00 odd iirc for the pair and the pads are about £25.00 a pair.

if u need to get bearing in use a big socket to fit the outside edge of the bearing and make sure it goes though the middle of the disc so it does not get stuck in there. u can tap the abs ring of but be carefull. and to get new pads in if u got abs u have to wind the piston back with a big screw driver or crow bar that fits in the cross u cant push them back.

giles