ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help req'd please. No Internet connection.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I have had the power off at home today. Now I have no Internet connection. I have done the usual powering everything down, then back up. But it won't connect to net.

Cheers

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Modem and router are seperate. I'm sat in front of laptop now, wireless connection is full strength. All the usual lights are illuminated, but the bugger isn't connecting to the net

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Right, simple, if you get an ip address.

Start, Run, cmd, then type ipconfig /all

Note the default gateway, could be 192.168.1.1 for this example.
Now go to internet explorer, type 192.168.1.1 press enter.

Go to status, see if it is connected, then go to maintenance, do a ping from there to say google.co.uk.

Failing that, go to the router, disconnect the cable, plug the modem straight into the laptop, reboot modem, then reboot laptop to get a valid ip.

Try getting on the new with that.

Rules out the router. If you can get net via the modem on its own then Phone Virgin Media to resolve it.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Right that's good.

Now, plug the Ethernet cable back into the router, then switch off the router, switch off modem, switch on modem, wait for lights to sync. Then power on router.

Then plug a Ethernet cable into the router, do you get internet now?