ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Req'd Please

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I cannot d/l pics from my digi cam to my pc. This has just happened recently.
When i connect the camera and switch it on the screen that normally comes up doesnt.
The page that usually comes up says open "with" and provides a list so i select open with Finepix viewer. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the software but that didnt work :dapprove:
It is a Fuji Finepix S3000.
Hope i havnt gone on too much.
Any help appreciated.

Cheers Dave

Clio 182 FF + cup stuff
Have you tried having the camera switched on before you plug it in to the PC, is there a "PC" setting on the camera that you have to select before plugging it in?

Have you installed any windows updates?

What version of windows are you running?

Have you got a card reader? (easier and quicker than using camera, only about £5)

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
jimiariss said:
Have you tried having the camera switched on before you plug it in to the PC, is there a "PC" setting on the camera that you have to select before plugging it in?

Have you installed any windows updates?

What version of windows are you running?

Have you got a card reader? (easier and quicker than using camera, only about £5)

No havnt tried with camera switched on but i will.
No pc setting, just switch to middle position as usual.
Dont think ive done any windows updates lately. Im running xp home.
No havnt got card reader but i reckon il get one if they are that cheap.

Cheers jimiariss

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Right then, the pc dont recognise my memory stick either so im guessing its a prob with the pc?

Clio 182 FF + cup stuff
Have you got a joystick or other device you can plug in to test the port?

What does the device manager in control panel say? Are there any devices with problems in there?

Dont want to sound patronising but have you rebooted at all, seriously, solves 90% of problems I get!

If you use an iPod, that can sometimes mess up the PC and it will need rebooting before it will detect the port again.

Clio 182 FF + cup stuff
Just found this on Fuji website

http://www.fujifilm.ca/digitalgateway/x620.xml?XID=x1870#x2375

The last topic goes through steps re checking the camera and PC to discover if the PC or camera is at fault. Much of it is what I was asking in the last post. Bit of an easier guide thought.

What I also found was that your camera can link directly to a printer. On the camera settings menu, you can select two modes for the usb port (aparrantly) I would check to make sure the camera is set to "DSC" mode and not the other for connecting to a printer.

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Havnt got a joystick or ipod. How do i find device manager? Sorry im not very techy when it comes to computers.
Yes have rebooted

Clio 182 FF + cup stuff
Click the link on my last post, the last topic will walk you through every thing I was going to suggest anyway, step by step. Give each one a try.

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Just seen your latest post. It comes up dsc on the camera screen when it is trying to connect. I will go via your link and have a look

Cheers