ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help required

A bit long but help is needed

Recently i have been having problems with my hazard lights turning themselves on. Took it to renault and they said that i needed a new UCH (£408).

This didnt fix the problem and they then replaced the hazard light switch (free).

This didnt fix the problem, they looked at it again last week and i was supposed to be taking it in tommorow for another look

However, i got so pissed off with the hazards going off all the time that i decided to have one last look today. I found a wire that has been soldered onto the hazard light loom that had a voltage on it. So i cut it and the hazards now work perfectly (except when the alarm is going off)

My question is can i ask for my money back as the replacement UCH was not needed as the fault is with the alarm?

Clio 172mk2

ye providin u got a reciept they should take the uch whatever that is.

supprised they didnt take it back soon as they found the new one to be doing same as old one

Difficult one really as they could claim that the UCH was faulty anyway and it wasnt just the alarm wire.

SC 172 FF

ye you probably wont get your money back m8....its reno were talkin a bout here remember!

complete wankas!

i still have the original UCH and it still works except for the central locking when i plug it in.

Im calling the service manager tommorow as he wasnt in today

2005 Impreza WRX STI

they are f**king loosers, they should have been able to find a simple fault like that, especially charging you that much!