ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Rocker Cover off *pics*

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

it just leaks under the pressure after a while, the majority of valvers have this problem.

Mini Cooper S JCW

will this affect anything?? having oil down there? if i just keep cleaning it every couple of months?

it will be fine mate , the oil will just burn away , shouldnt cause no problems , dont worry mate ! mines the same..

It looks fine to me - best bet would be oil spillage from topping the car up...

..just wondering tho - would the car have had a serious overheating problem at some point in its life? The reason i ask is if it had and the rocker cover had warped from the heat (alloy innit?) it might leak even tho the seal is apparently fine. Bit of a longshot mindyou....

Mini Cooper S JCW

good good!

weight... u reckon the oil down there could have caused it too shoot out?

i checked the dipstick at the same time as doing this, n its slightly over max, by about 5mm or so, teach me to check next time as im feeling up wont it!

but could this be something to do with there being excess oil down there?

The oil wont of caused the plug issue.

The gaskets just tend to weep, sometimes the cam carrier does it to......just an inherent problem.

Get a new gasket on now since youve taken the old one off....itll probably snap or peices fall off when you peel it off. Clean the mating faces well.

Get some carb cleaner and blast away that grime in your plugwells, it wont harm anything even if it goes down your plug holes, just turn it over.

I didnt mean that the two were related (oil causing plug to come out)

Just that having no plug in the head may of allowed oil/petrol into that spark plug recess.

but as i said originally, its probably from oil top up, or as ben said a leaking gasket which you will no doubt be replacing now anyway.