ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Rumble!

111s
Advise please. MkII 172 40K
When coasting or slowing down i get a rumbling/ knocking sound from the passenger front side. The frequency would indicate its something speed related, like a drive shaft, cv or wheel bearing, but it only seems to occur 'off load'. (Might well happen on acceleration too but i can't hear it due to the exhaust)

Any idea's?

Clio Mk 1
To check the wheel bearings jack the front wheel off the ground, spin and listen and then try to move the wheel up and down, if it dos then it is the wheel bearing. It probably is get it sorted. I've heard of bearins weldign themselves to the stub axle and then the car veers sharply to one side.
Hope this helps
Matt

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Could be buckled wheel/unbalanced tyre if everything else is ok. Swap the wheel to the back & listen if the sound has moved.

111s
The noise just appeared though, no kerbing or damage to the wheel.
Can a wheel just 'become' unbalanced? Sounds unlikely and there's no weights missing.
I've looked on the K tec site and see they do an uprated version of the mount, is this the right one? (twisted?) Is it just the bushes?
I'll get it jacked up tonight, see if i can find anything.