ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Something doesn't seem right.

Clio 182 (Both Cup Packs)
Hi,

I bought my clio 182 recently and am sure there must be something wrong...

When I have the steering wheel on roughly full lock (left or right), even if im going literally 1mph, I seem to have no grip on the road, and it feels like im skidding. At first I thought I just needed new tyres, and that's still a possibility I suppose, but theyre well over the legal limit.

Also when trying to do a 3 point turn, I seem to get a knocking noise coming from the front wheels. I'm not sure how to describe it, imagine doing a 3 point turn on a road made out of cattle grid and thats pretty much how it feels.

I don't know much about cars so anybody else had this sort of problem?

Thanks
David

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
is it this dog bone mount that needs adjusting? im no mechanic but heard this a lot. on full lock the driveshaft wants to pop out of gearbox as the dog bone mounting isnt adjusted correctly? do a search on 'dog bone mount' in forums, see if theyre similar.

Lee

BMW M2C
That's a pretty good description David. I always notice it if I have to use full lock when leaving the car park at work or when parking outside my misses house. The first time I felt it I thought I had a flat on the front.

From memory I don't think my 172 did it, but my 182 and Trophy suffered with it.

Clio 182 (Both Cup Packs)
Hmm cheers for that!

As the car is still under warranty, would renault sort it for me? Or would they just claim theres nothing they can do?

Cheers!