ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP, (spray job)

(iceburg sliver) clio 172
just had my clio back, front bumper and side skirt sparyed, my back bumper was done through insurance as a bus went in to the back of it. (only scuffed it) i took it to a reputable spary shop in my area and paid a little extra cash for my skirt and front bumper to be done cause they was badly chipped!!

the spary job its self is spot on its just the colour!!! my clio is iceburg sliver, which i was told is a hard to match, but it just looks shocking!!!!! my car is sliver blue and the bumpers for straight sliver (s**t):mad:

has any one else had any problems getting a colour match, i need all the help i can get:dapprove: :dapprove:

Chocolate Bar™
Re: HELP, (spary job)

perhaps they ordered the wrong colour code, or got sent the wrong silver?

if its the wrong colour just take it back in a light that exagerates the colour difference. otherwise you may have to go through a small claims court if they refuse to sort it. however this wont be particularly easy or quick. you will need a receipt or something off the garage to prove they did it, otherwise they could say they've never sprayed your car.

Re: HELP, (spary job)

so it shouldn't be that hard to colour match though!! i paid cash for the extra's:eek:

ph1 172
it depends on what terms you set with them and whether they had the car to match it to. When you order a colour from a colour code its almost never exacty the same as your car, but it notices more on some colours than others.

If you gave them the bits seperatly to spray them you dont really have much of a leg to stand on. If they had the car then its depends on what you dicussed with them. However much you spend its never going to be the exact same colour, it just gets to the point where our eyes cant tell the difference. It could take an extra hour to get a good colour match if the paint was nowhere near your car colour

i asked if the colour match was going to be good and they told me it would be spot on!! the had the whole car, so surelly they most of noticed it before i picked it up, just thought i wouldnt see it!!

its that bad my mum noticed it first thing!!! :dead:

what u mean!! surely if i just take it back and tell them how pissed i am they will sort the job if there's anything about them!! cheers tim

ph1 172
yeah yeah thats what i mean take it back, but get some pics before so you can compare it and also if they do a crap job again you have pics to show the 1st attempt if it ever went to court. I doubt it would though...

Punto/Clio GTT
just tell them your not happy with the colour match and get them to repaint it. ask them to mix the paint up to the petrol cap or something

what u mean the petorl cap? going to take it back tonite, i shall report my out come!!!

if its titanium there are three shades, get them to do a swatch and look at it at ground level against the wing and not from the top.

Punto/Clio GTT
liam4982 said:
what u mean the petorl cap? going to take it back tonite, i shall report my out come!!!

instead of them mixing up the colour to the colour code then selecting the varient they will mix up a colour to match the car itself, adding various tinters til its bang on, doing spray out cards etc. silver is the hardest colour to match so you gotta give or take a little difference in shade due to weathering and fresh paint. once its been weathered for a while and been rained on, washed etc it'll soon be unnoticeable

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
same with mine i have to get it blended in because silvers is a hard colour to match just looks odd atm lol :)

Punto/Clio GTT
liam4982 said:
so be near dead on colousr match is achivable??

yup, get it matched to the car as the 3 varients of your silver or however many there is might not look bang on, so usually they go with the closest

not just renault colours. all silver colours are a b*****d to spray. as the metal flakes tend to layer up as you spray showing the lines.

does sound like the wrong colour though.

Punto/Clio GTT
FredYozzasport said:
you have to "blend in" the renault colours when spraying i was told

blend in all colours where you can, but if your painting a bumper its gotta be edge to edge. painting into wings (plastic wings at that) is gonna send it off even worse to possibly the doors and the bonnet