ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Squeak and funky smell.

Clio Sport
Went to use my car today and noticed a funny squeaking noise when I switched the engine on.

Took the car round the block just to see if it carried on and the squeak got higher pitched as the rpm got higher. Also noticed a funky smell both inside and outside of the car. Got back to the house, put the bonnet up and the smell got worse with a small amount of smoke/steam.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Sport
Its a 2004 Clio Sport. Both the timing belt and accessories belts were changed in September 2009 and I'm pretty sure the accessories belt was changed again last year some time.

Clio 182
To be honest you need to find the source of the noise and smoke.. I had a simular problem before which turned out to be the air con pump pulley starting to seize up and burning the Aux belt... good luck!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Need to be sure the aux belt was changed last year mate else I'd be getting that done. Obviously that could be completely non related though I'm just pointing that out for you.