ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, Standard 1.2 to 172 change

Clio mk2 1.2
Im changing the bodywork on my 1.2 mk2 clio to the bodywork of a 172, I have bought the front bumper, both front wings and side skirts from a clio 172, im hoping this is all i will need to swap it onto my clio apart from a rub down and new lease of paint. iv read something about arch liners needed, are these essential or will the old ones do?

Old arch liners won't fit so you'll need the sport ones. Running no arch liners just looks tatty so I'd get them.

If it's still on standard wheels/suspension you'll also need to lower it at least 60mm and will need some spacers for the front wheels or it looks daft.

LY 182
Spacers are a must I've done this conversion myself (albeit a ph2) and the wheels set in on the front a fair way. Was kind of handy as everybody still thought it was a 1.2! That's me on eBay by the way mate!

Pic of the one I did the same to, not my car anymore though!
5615f1d9-8779-aafa.jpg

Clio mk2 1.2
thats quite conveinient haha, yeah my clio is already lowered 40mm and I put some 15" alloys on it so its on its way, ill put some pictures up tonight of what it looked like when i first bought it and how it looks now i think theres been a vast improvement. did you have the older 172 before that mate?

Spacers are a must I've done this conversion myself (albeit a ph2) and the wheels set in on the front a fair way. Was kind of handy as everybody still thought it was a 1.2! That's me on eBay by the way mate!

Pic of the one I did the same to, not my car anymore though!
5615f1d9-8779-aafa.jpg

how hard was the conversion??

LY 182
thats quite conveinient haha, yeah my clio is already lowered 40mm and I put some 15" alloys on it so its on its way, ill put some pictures up tonight of what it looked like when i first bought it and how it looks now i think theres been a vast improvement. did you have the older 172 before that mate?

No mate, I bought the ph1 purely to break for parts. Had that White 1.2 which I did the body conversion and then the engine conversion on. Sold that and now got a ph2 172.

Conversion is straight take off and bolt on!

clio 1.2
what sized spacers would you recomment for a conversion job like this?

and does anybody know whether i can still just buy standard spacers off ebay even though i have aftermarket alloys?...like will they still fit flush to the inside of the wheel

cheers :)