ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - STOP + Oil pressure warning light.

1.2 dynamique 2003
hi, I have a 'little' problem that Im starting to get concerned about.
so, short story shorter, iv noticed in the past week that every time I go round a corner/bend quickly, the STOP + oil pressure light comes on the dash.
it doesn't come on when i take corners slowly, but if i do take a corner quick, it will come on, and as soon as i straight up, the light goes off immediately after (so the light only comes on during the duration of the turn).
im a little bit concerned as after doing abit of reading, the worst case scenario could involve an engine change which id like to avoid.
so taking the symptoms and circumstances into account, what could possible the cause of this slight fault?
any thoughts and possible sollutions to solve this problem will be much appreciate,
i just hope it is a minor technical fault with the sensor or something.

oh btw car details - 1.2 dynamique 2003, 63,000miles, (due a service, but has had regular services throughout its life and has been well kept)
cheers xxx

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Low oil level.
Go around corner fast and oil pushes to the side of the sump. Oil pick up sucks air and throws the low oil pressure light up.
Check oil level first.

BG Clio 182 FF
I hope he's just forgot to mention that he's checked the oil and the level's fine.

Otherwise...............

:rolleyes:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Brake fluid is STOP plus the Brake warning light.

If the oil light is coming on then it could be a faulty oil pressure switch (not that uncommon) or it could be a genuine low oil pressure fault. Ideally it needs the oil pressure mechanically testing or you could just gamble on a switch as they're far from pricey.