ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help to identify a locking wheel bolt, with pic

Ph1 172
Had a bit of bad luck today, went to remove my wheels and the locking wheel tool i've got, which came with the car doesn't fit :(

It looks like this

locknut1.jpg

It looks a little like the ones they sell in halfords, macguard or something. Or is it Renault?
Was hoping i could get a tool from Renault if that's the case. or does anyone have any ideas how i could remove it?

any help would be cool

Paul

If theres room, you can knock a sh*tty bigger socket over the top and use an impact wrench, not tried it myself but ive been told multiple times this works.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
aye mcguard one, but a set, use it to take the bolt off, take set back!

Ph1 172
this is what i wanted to do lol i went into halfords but all the sets have different patterns :dapprove:

Ph1 172
true but in the back i've my mind is was hoping that there can't be that many different patterns.

still not having much luck, the bolts are hard as f**k, need to get hold of some carbide drills

Ph1 172
One wheel bolt removed, with little pain no damage to the rim and no fancy locking bolt removal tool. Pics and a small guide to follow :)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i hate locking nuts, suspeciallu the locking nuts with the spinning collars you cant rattle a socket onto, you need to try and crack the coller off but you always end up marking the wheel, which is a shame. if they are bolts, you can bore out the middle then try to use a stud extractor (looks like a reverse drill bit), but that depents how tight they are put on. the common we get at work is kwik- fit has buzzed them on af max torque with an air gun, and ripped up the key. my techs at work say you should nty really put lockers on at muchmore that 85-90nm, where as the rest go on at 130nm (ford spec)

Ph1 172
This is sort of what I did, but didn't need an easy out or anything just another Renault locking bolt socket, drill and a hammer and punch. I'm gonna write up a little guide as it pretty simple to do.

Dodgy one
Its a renault one, go to renault and ask then to remove them with their master set then fit some mcguard ones