ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Toxic Emmissions Warning Light?

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Hi there,

Last night, after performing strangely all weekend, my car (1.2 16v Dynamique) went into ‘safe mode’ with restricted the revs and subsequently significantly altered performance. In addition, an orange warning light on the dash repeatedly flashed – The light looks like the engine block itself. I think the flashing warning light is an ‘Toxic Emissions Warning Light’ but wondered if anyone could verify this? The car felt sluggish through the revs all weekend (prior to breakdown) and I’m pretty sure that occasionally when accelerating from slow speed the car was coughing and spluttering.

If anyone could shed any light on this I would be extremely grateful. Very annoying as the Megane R26 arrives in March and the Clio keeps needing work!

Thanks for your time,

Dave

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Timmay,

Any idea how much this was cost to rectify? Should I stick with Renault fixing it or do you think I can take it to a general garage and get the work done there?

RB 200 Cup!
they are a very cheap part (£20 to £30) and very easy to fix - try renault to see how much they would charge and if they say something stupid (which i think they prob will) then go to any garage

Ignition coils are whats called a "common fault" something the clio has millions of.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
1.2 do not have the same coil problems as 1.6/1.4 probley better of going to renault and getting a diag test done

VX220 Turbo
if it's still under warranty get them to fix it f.o.c. if not get them to have a look at it and then take it somewhere else once you know what needs fixing lol

renault clio extreme 02
This happened on my car a few weeks ago was just about to send it to renault for an £87.00 an hour diagnostic test when i discovered my water had ran out, i refilled it and have never seen the light again since (touch wood).

M

mini-valver

The coilpack is probably to blame, another common problem! lol

Get someone to hold the car at about 2.5k and pull each one of the leads off one at a time and listen to see if the engine revs drop, each one should make the revs drop, if it doesnt then either the lead or plug on its respective cylinder is at fault. the light is flashing because your car is not burning fuel in one or more of the cylinders and puchiong unburnt fuel through the CAT and the llambda is picking it up