ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Water Leak (Wiper Bottle???)

CLIO SPORT 172
Filled my wiper bottle a few days ago and couldnt work out why they wouldnt work. After checking this (and realising that I wasnt going mad and I had actually done it) it was empty. It took 5 litres to refill and within half an hour there was half of it on the drive.

Does anyone know if this is a common fault?? Also can anyone suggest how I find out where the leak is coming from??

Clio Sport 172 02 reg:D

B

Brown.

yeah head light washer..problem with the check valves inthe pump...just nip the pipes to your lights hey presto....the c***s a renault will just replace the jets them self...cos that dosent actually work at all soory they call em jets i call em nozzels

CLIO SPORT 172
The water seems to be dripping from the passenger side wishbone so I think it could be from the water bottle. Icant really see properly though!

Da

Less
yeah the tubing runs down the passenger side inner wing to the front of the car. Check that the pipes are still attached correctly where they come out of the bottle. Also there is a T piece connector somewhere behind the pass side headlight but this will probably be a beeatch to get to.

Silver 172 Mk2
big_peaches said:
yeah head light washer..problem with the check valves inthe pump...just nip the pipes to your lights hey presto....the c**ts a renault will just replace the jets them self...cos that dosent actually work at all soory they call em jets i call em nozzels

I have this exact same problem and had the bumper off today trying to sort it.

What do you mean "just nip the pipes to your lights?"

Da

Less
where's the water leaking from on yours wafty?

he means "nip the pipes that feed the headlight washers to stop the flow of water wastage" ;)

Silver 172 Mk2
Daz_2427 said:
where's the water leaking from on yours wafty?

he means "nip the pipes that feed the headlight washers to stop the flow of water wastage" ;)

Mine is leaking from where the water comes out of the jet. I want to still use them so dont want to nip them.

Just done a search on this and it seems a common problem and also something about the rear nut on the washer needing to be tightened to 2nm exactly or it will leak. Mine was a little loose.

Da

Less
yeah, the tightness seems to be an issue but I think it's overtightening and cracking them that's the problem. As for the washer jet they are ~£7 each from a dealer and would take like 30 mins to change. I can get the part numbers if needed mate?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Re first post.
Your bottle sounds like its cracked and is leaking.I had this on my 02 172 and they replaced it .Told me it was a common fault.If you drive fast and hard they can crack under stress...

ian

106 GTi
As above sounds like the bottle itself in the time taken for you to have lost the water. Bubbles on here had the same problem IIRC.

Silver 172 Mk2
Daz_2427 said:
yeah, the tightness seems to be an issue but I think it's overtightening and cracking them that's the problem. As for the washer jet they are ~£7 each from a dealer and would take like 30 mins to change. I can get the part numbers if needed mate?

I'll re-tighten tomorrow and see if that works. If not i will get a new one. Throw me the partnumber just incase. £7 isnt too bad. Being genuine Renault i expected £100+!

not a clio anymore
As mentioned by others, it sounds like it is the bottle itself. I have changed 3 nozzle and 1 bottle already. Changing the nozzle is resonably easy (you'll also need the plastic clips to replace the ones in your wheel arch, about £7 for 10).
For the bottle it is harder, I got Renault to do it before but they charge something like 1h labour for it. I think there was a guide on how to do it somewhere. Not extremely difficult by the looks of it but I seem to remember you had to remove things like the arm of the wipers.