ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - Watercooling

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Hi Guys,

I've been doing some reading up on Watercooling and whilst there are plenty of 'guides' it still isn't very clear, with there being different sizes/types of tubing etc and information on how exactly to piece a loop of components together isn't well covered either.

So for starters, lets say I'm starting out with just a CPU block and definitely want and can fit a 360 rad.

I need a radiator, pump, tubing, fixings and reservoir? I've seen stuff that says you don't NEED a reservoir but general consensous seems to be if you've got the space its best to have one.

Questions.

What's the best 360 rad to go for? Blackice? XSPC?
If the rad connections are G1/4" what size tubing do I need?
Where in the loop does the pump & reservoir go?
How do I go about leak testing? (Could I make the loop up and just run it in a bare case with just a PSU to test?)
Which fittings are the ones to go for? Compression seems the one to go for but which ones? Bitspower?
Which tubing do I get and from where?
What is your experience of water cooling? Needs maintenance? Have suffered leaks?

Cheers.

They'll probably be more questions when I can remember them.