ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Weird whistle noise from my dash!

Every now and again (usually when its wet out) when I start my car (williams 3) it makes a very odd whistling noise that seems to becoming from just behind the steering wheel! It reminds me of those officer on deck whistles you hear on movies about battleships! :confused: It doesnt last too long normally but it is very annoying (although rather amusing at the same time!) I dont even know what could be making such a noise (the lights-on warning is a bell, so Ive rulled that out) Any ideas folks?

Alright mate, have sort of the same problem wiv my 16V, as soon as i take it over 4000rpm a whistleing noise starts from somewhere near the dash! took it to the garage, and they guy couldnt find anything wrong wiv it! very strange!

I get it too, if I put my blowers on full and then off again it temporarily goes, probably something caught in there somewhere, very annoying though !!

Hmmm...mine seems to do it only at low revs...just after starting, or when I pull up to a traffic light, etc. Its also very loud (You could probably hear it from outside the car with the windows up!) I thought it could be the blower too, but it does it wether it is on or off...!

Have you taken the top of the dash off recently/ever ? When I was running my power lead in I had to and the little things you screw into move all over the place, could be that................................otherwise I havent a clue !