ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - What is this sensor?

clio 182
Hi guys,

Its hard to explain but does anyone know what the sensor is that is just after the Throttle Body on a 182 (towards the engine) as i have rang Renault and they didn't know.

If you were to remove the TB and look inside the engine there is a small hole with the sensor stuck in the back.

Thanks

clio 182
Pics needed.

Will try to take some pics later. if it helps if you look at the where the TB is follow it into the engine and you will see the thing im talking about its literally an inch or so past the Tb mounted at the back

clio 182
you're not helping with you descriptions fella!

Sorry trying to update on my mobile!! Right heres the issue i am having :

When accelerating the Engine Management Light comes on, I have put the
car onto a diagnostics machine and it generates the following code P0120 which is related to either wiring, Accelerator Position Sensor, or the Throttle Position sensor according to the garages diagnostics.

I have changed the pedal which has a sensor in and cleaned up the TB but it is still doing it. Any one have any idea?? I am thinking changing the TB might help?

Lionel Richie
have you fucked about with the acoustic valve?

the only sensors on the plenum are the MAP and the Airtemp, there's a vac take off on the front for the acoustic valve and the brake servo on the back

TPS is in the throttle body

clio 182
have you f**ked about with the acoustic valve?

the only sensors on the plenum are the MAP and the Airtemp, there's a vac take off on the front for the acoustic valve and the brake servo on the back

TPS is in the throttle body

No i haven't touched the acoustic Valve Fred, don't even know where it is lol. its weird as itseems to be totally random fault as it does it some journeys , then the same journey the next day it doesn't.