ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! Whats this noise

I had my valvers cambelt changed about 7,500 miles ago, the water pump and alternator belt where both changed too.
Been running fine for the last 7,500 miles but now when I start her up from cold I get this horrible squeeling noise coming from the cambelt cover, when I rev her it stops. Doesnt seem to do it when its up to temp. Also it sometimes seems to idle at arounf 600rpm.

Anyone got any ideas whats going on? And what should I do?

Cheers, Simon

Williams 2, STi N12

Could be the bearings on the pully tensioners, they have a nasty habbit of going. Does it only do it when you reach a certain rpm?

Only seems to do it when it either idling or at low rpm, soon as you rev it it shuts up.

Are the bearings hard to replace?

Cheers, Simon

Williams 2, STi N12

Not a b**ch to replace on there own but to do it you have to take the cambelt of again and go through all that crap. You sure the altenator belt isnt slippin?

clio williams, Ph1 172

Since I had my cam belt change I get a bit of a whiring noise from the engine. It was changed ages ago now. the car runs great but just wondered if anyone knows what it is. Is the belt too tight?