ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help wires

Hi im awaiting delivery of an in dash moniter alpine IVA-D310RB. Ive downloaded the install destructions from the internet and it looks pretty straight forward apart from two connections.

I need to connect it to the Foot brake and the handbrake lights to ensure the safety feature of not being able to play dvds whilst driving works.

Could anybody please tell me what colour wires these are and where to pick them up in the car.

Any help greatly apreaciated Cheers

Also If anyone could send me any wiring diagrams they have of the 172 then that would be a great help to. Thanks

Polo + Micra

i thought it was just the hand brake that it needed to be connected to?

if so i believe you can just earth the cable some where so it thinks the handbrake is on all the time

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

yeah, just wire it straight to ground, the inability to use it with the handbrake off could get really annoying!

cheers

there are two connections one for the brake peddle and one for the handbrake, so what do you sugest, just earth them both to the body work..?

The IVA-D310 needs two connections one for the brake lights and one for the handbrake light, not sure about previos models. Has anyone on here fitted one of these

Cheers dink this is a different diagram to the one i had downloaded, think i must have the yankee version.

Shall i just connect it to the chassis then or will it need to be a positive input.