ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 182 Cup
Hi everyone!
I recently purchased a Clio 182 that had an aftermarket Turn One steering wheel.
I just changed back to original because I'm missing to have a Cruise control, but as soon as I removed the steering wheel I realised the last owner ripped off the black cruise control wires and the horn connector too..
Obviously not too worried about the horn as it's just a normal cable, but the Cruise control has that black plastic covered wiring that is definitely not replaceable with a normal wire.
Is there any cheaper options or a way to fix the Cruise control one apart from buying a whole new unit that cost around £240 on ebay second hand?
Thank you for the help! :)

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've seen this before with people selling CC squibs for £100 with the very same cables cut off rendering it useless and no more use to someone wanting a non CC squib. The answer isn't good mate, you'll require a new squib. You might be able to replace the clock spring but I'm not sure and it's a PIA to get the ribbon cable to wrap back up again. I think your only option is a new squib which if you look on eBay they do come up from £60 to £150