ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!- Wiring front speakers from amp

How do I go about running speaker cable from my amp (which is going to be in the boot) to the front left & right speakers in the doors?

I was going to use the cable which already connects the front speakers from the head unit, but from reading other threads it looks like ill get better sound by running them off the amp.

I know that I need to run the speaker wires from the boot area underneath the plastic panels along the side to get to the front of the car, but how do I actually get them into the door to wire up the coaxials??

btw, I have a 2002 Dynamique & this is my 1st install so im not sure if this is a silly question:)

you will need a drill, some grommets and a lot of courage to get decent sized speaker cable into the doors

silver valver/hybrid

what i did in my 16v was to use the factory wire from the door to the headunit, then snipped the wires from the connector block and then added on my own wire with bullit connectors and run that up the passenger side of the car to the amp.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I used the standard stuff from the headunit to the rear speakers. and just chopped and fitted it to the front speakers and the amp. sounds fine.

Thanks for the advice fellas.

Derv- sounds easy enough but im completely useless at this sort of stuff! Do you know what wires to cut & where to cut them, or do you know where I might be able to get a wiring diagram/pictures??

Also, where did you get the bullet connectors for the wire from & what sort are they?

Ta,

Blaze1

silver valver/hybrid

i think the tweeter is just daisy chained of the door speaker, in my rt i snipped each wire with music playing, and tweeter + door speaker go off at same time. Ive wired up some sony tweeters in the dash off the factory wiring all works fine and dandy!

Cheers derv, thats made things a but clearer but me being a bit thick am still trying to get it straight in my head.

Am I correct in thinking that where those wires meet the block connector in that pic you posted, I need to cut & attach other speaker cable which I then run through to the boot of the car and connect to the amp??

A slow one :-(

Yeah think thats what your ment to do! Does this mean you have to use the OE crossovers?

silver valver/hybrid

yeah thats right, snip those wires (label them up for future reference) and extend the wires through the car to the amp. with mine ive just set the high pass filter on the amp, sounds fine!

Cheers guys, I now feel a lot more confident about doing the install.

One last thing, I dont know how bullet connectors work- is it ok to extend the wires by soldering or crimping the factory wires to the speaker cable running from the amp or do I need to use bullet connectors??

silver valver/hybrid

it aint necerssary to use bullet conectors, just anything which will give a good conection without any exposed copper wire or mettalic part connected to that wire, then you should be fine!

Mondeo STTDCI

Er...correct me if Im wrong but cut and shutting wires to speakers and using the OE wiring has detrimental effects on the soundquality if u have decent speakers.

I personally would feed the wires throught the doors the same way as any other wire (like ur wing mirror ones) and do it properly. With a bit of string and patience u can feed it through the OE tubing.

silver valver/hybrid

IMHO it dosent make a great deal of difference, but i dont know, im no expert, but i had a similar set up in my micra with all uprated wiring and i dont think it made any improvement to sound, personally i filter all the bass out of the front speakers, i leave that job to the subs. I have seen a few programs where the say the hardest thing to get sounding good is the bass, and the rest is only a marginal gain in performance of what you can actually hear.