ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with a noise please

06 LY 182
Hi all,

Over the last few days I have been getting a creaking noise from the front of the car. Generally only on full lock, and turning from full lock. Sounds like creaking floorboards - best I can describe it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Colin

cmt

Clio 182
I had a similiar thing recently on my 182, I WD40'd the bottom ball joints and that seemed to get rid of the noise (although I'm told it's a sealed unit, so by rights it shouldn't have). A guy at work said he had the same thing and it turned out to be a fractured suspension spring. Then a couple of weeks ago one of my springs snapped, looked like it had been fractured for quite a while (rust in the split)... so I guess it could have been either :S

RS Clio 182
i think mine does the same thing ur describing, mine struggles to move on full lock, more important things to sort at the minute tho lol, renaults ey

06 LY 182
Hi all,

Just picked the car up from the stealers after getting my new outer window seal and shocks replaced. This noise only happens when I turn left and low and very slow speeds. There is a receipt in the service history for a right suspension arm. Could this be the problem; it's gone again? I know that one of the previous owners was a mechanic so he seems to have bought this and possibly fitted it himself.

The SERV and airbag light are now on constantly too.

F**king Renaults lolz

Col

06 LY 182
Thanks NWPerformance, shame I'm not local!

Do you know the part number for that bushing? I have a friend who is very hand with Cliosports and could fit it for me.

Thanks again

Colin