ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with black

A4 130
What polish, sealers or whatever are recommended with pearl black? Atm i use SRP but the paint doesnt seem look as good as it is if you get what i mean? Any help is greatly appreciated!

db

db detailing™
Without machine polishing it mate then SRP followed by EGP is going to give reasonable results by hand.

You could try claying and cleansing your paint before these to remove any contaminants that may be 'dulling' the finish.

Also you could try Poorboys Black Hole... I've been having some really good results with this lately.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do think a good claying and polish will add a lot to black paint work.

Bumder With A Buffer
Without machine polishing it mate then SRP followed by EGP is going to give reasonable results by hand.

You could try claying and cleansing your paint before these to remove any contaminants that may be 'dulling' the finish.

Also you could try Poorboys Black Hole... I've been having some really good results with this lately.

What I was going to say..especially about "blackhole"

SRP/EGP is a velly good combo. Get your bum over on DW and read through stuff there.

A4 130
Ive clayed it last week, it just doesnt seem to 'pop' if that makes sense? Ill buy some blackhole and give that a go, also what wax would be best?!

Claying needs to be followed by a polish. Like wise with polishing, which needs to be followed with sealing/waxing.

As stated, SRP followed by EGP.

I think I am getting old, I use to be the first to answer.

Bumder With A Buffer
Claying needs to be followed by a polish. Like wise with polishing, which needs to be followed with sealing/waxing.

As stated, SRP followed by EGP.

I think I am getting old, I use to be the first to answer.

Ha..you'l be needing a walking stick soon...then you can accompany me on walks :(

Bumder With A Buffer
:(

My missus said to me lets go to Alton Waters (its a big water place near us) and have a quick walk. well it was 10miles all the way round with no-where to get a drink.

this was about 1 week after I had first popped my knee and was basically limping/hopping around. She didn't seem to understand why I was annoyed. Women.

Lol. Mine is technically my own fault. First time a friend has been to the Lakes house, so misses and I and his misses walked far too far to show her all the local spots for walks etc!

120d M Sport
:(

My missus said to me lets go to Alton Waters (its a big water place near us) and have a quick walk. well it was 10miles all the way round with no-where to get a drink.

this was about 1 week after I had first popped my knee and was basically limping/hopping around. She didn't seem to understand why I was annoyed. Women.

:lolup: unlucky. women indeed

Not got a car
Black hole is awsome stuf in bringing a shine to black, followed by a good wax.

Washed
Clayed
Black Hole
Petes 53

100_0364.gif

100_0373.gif

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Sorry about the shameful plug ... but a good claying session does wonders to a Black car!

IMG_9560.jpg

A simple, clay and a bit of polish / wax makes a black car look stunning!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning shot simon.

Machine polished at all?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Not machined polished yet - the bonnet there has lot's of swirls, the camera just didn't pick them up!

I do have a rotary sitting in the garage, but I'm frightened to use it! I've tried it once, but could not get the results I wanted!