ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With Internet

Punto/Clio GTT
my pcs internet stopped working yesterday when i switched on my xbox

basically i got a desktop, laptop and 360 going to my router. laptop is wireless, the other 2 are wired via ethernet.

my laptop settings are automatically detected and it works fine.

my xbox is manually assigned as

subway 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
dns primary 192.168.0.1

and that works fine.

but my pc i cant get to work, ive tried setting it up automatically and it says limited or no connectivity, when i manually assign the stuff i tried

192.168.0.1 and it says its already in use by something else, same with 192.168.0.2, but when i connect to 192.168.0.3, it says connected but no webpages load up and i aint really connected to the net?

ideas?

ta

172 Cup
Sounds like you've messed up the DNS settings.

What DNS entries do have entered in TCP/IP settings.

1 is the router. 2 is the xbox. 3 is probably free so thats why you get no error.
DNS should be set to 1.

If it's not configuring itself automatically, also sounds like DHCP is broke on the router - tried rebooting it? :p

Punto/Clio GTT
this is what ive got typed in to the pc atm

IP 192.168.0.3
Subway 255.255.255.1
Gateway 192.168.0.1
DNS Primary 192.168.0.1

comes up connected but aint sending/receiving bytes

Astra CDTI SRI
Right hand click in the black dos box and the left click on Mark.

Drag a box and highlight the text then hit enter.

then right hand click and paste into the reply box on cliosport.

172 Cup
Right hand click in the black dos box and the left click on Mark.

Drag a box around the text then hit enter.

then right hand click and paste into the reply box on cliosport.

He can't access the internet from that PC hence this thread.

FM - Copy/paste it into notepad and save as a txt file. Can you drag/drop that to your laptop or don't you have a network setup?

Punto/Clio GTT
DSCF2026.jpg

cock mobile.
What's Hamachi?

Try disabling / removing that! It looks like your computer is routed to go through that connection and not direct to your router.

Astra CDTI SRI
The Hamachi Nic has ip address 192.168.0.1

The other nic, the realtek one, has it's dns as 192.168.0.1, therefore pointing to the hamachi.

Disable the Hamachi card and if your router is 192.168.0.1, it'll work ok.

Punto/Clio GTT
disabled hamachi and the internet works now, woop, cheers sheen and sargey. (and daz n griff for trying x)

can i re-enable this and run a different dns on it?

172 Cup
Nice one Sargey..

Next time don't help him though.. Hopefully the laptop will fail as well and then we can haver some piece and quiet on here ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol this thread is epic. i especially enjoyed looking at the coke on the window sill. let alone sh33n and sargey busting it wide open! holla at you boyz.