ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with media server build!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Hi needing some CS help. Ive currently got a Zxyel Nas which is used to stream music and mkv to PS3 and Raspberry PI.
Im moving to a new house in a few weeks so im looking at building a bigger server to stream (cat5e) throughout the house for films and music. Initially i was thinking another large NAS would be sufficient but i quite fancy having a blu-ray drive so i can rip films to mkv.

So on a budget what are my options. Would i have to use a windows OS because i want to rip the films, if i do then will the rapberry/ media servers be ok with this setup and kind of pick it up as a nas!?

All options will be considered and thanks! :)

Chris

Polo + Micra
i run a hp n40L as a media server

space for 4 hard drives(i've got 10Tb in mine) + a full size ODD for the price of £104 (after £100 cashback)

they do a n54l now (faster cpu) so you could wait to see if they do a cashback deal on these too

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've got the N40L and the N54L (and an ML110 also), they were doing loads of deals on the N54L but they seem to have stopped, they were supposed to be releasing the G8 at some point soon.