ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recommend me a media streamer/ smart bluray player

Right a bit of background... I sold my xbox 360 late last year as i got into pc gaming again, in the mean time i just used my ps3 as a media streamer and blueray player, long story short i had to buy a new motherboard (Asus maximus vii ranger) which had real issues connecting to the ps3 as a media server. No matter what i tried it just failed.
Anyway the PS3 has just died anyway, was getting very old and its finally given up.

So time to replace the setup i think.. Now the bases i need to cover mainly are: Blue-ray playback, Netflix and most importantly media streaming.

I was thinking the Now TV box as a cheap way to get media streaming with the Plex app added but netflix isnt supported. Turns out its only supported on the full on Roku box.
Then thought about the WD TV Live, it shoudl do both netflix and media streaming and seems like a good buy. Ive watched & read some reviews and apparently its pretty laggy in Netflix and general user operation.
But i need Blue-ray anyway so that counts both of them out.. Is there any blueray players out there that will do all of the above? ive seen te Samsung DB-H6500 seems to but not so sure on the media streaming functionality

So options and sugestions would help :)

Well i would but i think its still going to have massive issues with connecting to my PC, for some reason the Intel lan ive got, albeit absolutly fantastic in every other way is(was) causing connectivity issues to my old ps3

Polo + Micra
with the wd tv play i use the app to control it as it has more direct functions.

Ive decided to just get a good blue-ray player in the end, Got myself the Sony S5200 which does media streaming from the PC really well, not laggy at all and so far ive had no issues with anything I've thrown at it. Does pretty much most on demand stuff too.
Got it along with a Sony sound bar and sub so worked out really well.