ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any help with USB mass storage and playback?

Im usually pretty good with these things but this one has me wanting to pull my hair out. I need help with a mass storage usb device plugged into a blu ray player but it wont read it?! Heres why im pulling my hair out....

I own a Panasonic Viera TV, i have two 1TB external HDD's (powered by plug ones) ive literally transferred my whole dvd collection into bluray onto these and plug them into my TV. Fine! no problems.

My girlfriend recently wanted to invest in a blu ray player but she has no idea about anything, so naturally i take control and find her a decent LG one with a USB with DivX for playback! awesome. i buy it and bring round one of my 1TB HDD's and a blu ray disc.

All works! Disc is fine and it read my WD no problem and chose films and played them back to me.

Okay, ill invest in a USB for her, bought a USB powered "Mass storage Device" 750GB in Metallic princess pink. Just for her. she loves it.
spent donkeys years transferring films over to it, to then go to her house.. plug it in, blu ray player acknowledges its plugged in... but nothing? wont bring up the menu to select films, nothing! just on its "Home Screen" and wont let me do anything else?

wtffff

Okay, i get her laptop, drag everything on the USB onto her laptop, Format the usb to NTSF (what my HDDs are, USB came with FAT32, LG played my HDD NTSF so naturally i'll format it to that) done that, plugged it back in, same thing! Recognizes a usb but wont give me the menu! pissed off i take the thing home with me, plug it into my TV.. fine! comes up and is playing everything in front of me?

Now im sat at home no where near her blu ray player pissed off and out of clues. What am i missing?

To summarize:

old ass 1TB HDDS > Blu ray player likes them > Buy new Mass storage device > Blu ray player knows a usb has been plugged in but nothing else > crying pulling hair out.

the player is a LG BD550
USB is a "Bipra 2.0 750GB"