ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with slogan and design

Suzuki Ignis
Hi everyone,

Ive been working on a uni project to create some photos about the hip hop style. Ive done this and now need to make them into adverts, posters and for a magazine. They are to advertise ADIDAS and the breakdance culture.

I need a slogan and design ideas. Im thinking of just a really simple layout with the logo and slogan placed at the bottom, as to not draw attention from the photos to much. If anyone wants to have a go at making them into ads or even just a basic mock up to give me a few ideas, id be grateful.
Anyway here are the photos ive got.

DSC_5894-Edit-2.jpg

DSC_0049-Edit.jpg

DSC_0175-Edit.jpg

DSC_0202-Edit.jpg

DSC_5939-Edit2.jpg

I need some thing that sums up: edgy, gritty, urban, youth, dance, action. That kinda thing.

A Maryland cookie sent RMSD to any where in the UK to anyone who comes up with the best slogan and/or design.
I think, 'Impossible is nothing' is their current slogan.
-Matt

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I can only really see 3 Adidas logos in those pictures.

If I were Adidas, i'd be wanting to see A LOT more of my brand in the pictures, particularly within a scence which is so label orientated.

Like Deeg says, you want way more Adidas.

Even if its a logo on the wall or something in the background. The girl is in an Adidas t-shirt is the only one really with it obvious. The other girl has Stan Smiths on and the guy at the bottom with subtle trainers..

Imean the girl standing up has Nike trackies on! lol.. With a G-Star hoodie. You want them all in Adidas TBH. Get them wearing some of that chavvy stuff that has the logo repeated all over them about 50times..

How about a dedicated to Adidas theme? Give them a fake tattoo or something?

"Clover 4 eva"

"Impossible is nothing" is more a slogan for the athletics side of things. This is more of the lifestyle range.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Like Deeg says, you want way more Adidas.

Even if its a logo on the wall or something in the background. The girl is in an Adidas t-shirt is the only one really with it obvious. The other girl has Stan Smiths on and the guy at the bottom with subtle trainers..

Imean the girl standing up has Nike trackies on! lol.. With a G-Star hoodie. You want them all in Adidas TBH. Get them wearing some of that chavvy stuff that has the logo repeated all over them about 50times..

How about a dedicated to Adidas theme? Give them a fake tattoo or something?

"Clover 4 eva"

"Impossible is nothing" is more a slogan for the athletics side of things. This is more of the lifestyle range.

That's a v.good idea.

Get the clover logo on the floor like one of those dance mat things they have, plus if it is the break dance scene, get them in some bright coloured shell toes.

2nd, Adidas would never in a million years accept that top pic, as he looks like the stereoptypical image of a thug / hoody. It would be PR suicide to include that pic.

Get the logo graf'd onto the walls behind them, for when you're doing that kind of shot, lose any other brands in the picture, as Revels said, Nike logo's in an Adidas shoot???

If you're doing street / break dancing, the last thing you want is subtle, the scene is about showing off, it's not chanel perfume, everyone in the scene wants to be seen, and be scene (make sense?).

Its all about being individual. Get some plain Superstars and some pens and design them yourself. "Express your inner Clover"

If you sweet talk Adidas in the right way you might get some free stuff or at least a loan..

Id love to do advertising! lol..

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It's a piece of p1ss (not that I do it, lol).

Get your logo as visible as much as possible, make sure it's aimed at the people you want to buy the product / service, if you're using someone famous, make sure it's someone who your target audience will identify with. Job Done.

It's even easier with perfume, just make an advert which makes no sense what so ever, then have someone seductively say your product name at the end. Job Done.

Suzuki Ignis
OK I've removed all other brands now. cant reshoot though, dont have time.

Is 'Raw Denim 3301' really associated with G-Star, is it a specific range that people will know? Id never heard of it myself. Ive got rid of the 'G-Star' wording.

I like the 'Clover 4 Eva'.

Her shoes are Adidas btw, think ill work on them a bit so thats clearer.

I did try to get some gear to borrow but they werent to keen tbh. They wouldnt even send me some packaging or labels. :(

Thanks for all the ideas, I think i will redo it all another time but jst for personal portfolio work. But as usual Ive left everything till to late. A mate has done a couple of things with them, ill post them up later to get ur opinions.

Oh a Revels I did see ur post this morning, nice removal ;)

lol, I didnt read it properly..

Well its just other brands. You'd never see an advert for Apple where the guy uses PC. Your lecturer will pick up on the fact its another brand.

I know her shoes are stan smiths but its not that clear.

Try some local sports shops and see if they have any big banners etc you could borrow.

I want a cookie for "Clover 4 eva" ;)