ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connects2 Confusion! Someone help please!

So ive been taking my centre console apart replacing the heater dials and in doing so have removed my headunit (kenwood) and found a connects2 box behind it, with loads of wires and I have no idea what any of it does or even if I need it, if I dont need it I want to remove it ideally to create a bit more space. Ive put some photos below to try and help.

HU = Headunit
C2 = Connects2

I have the block for the Headunit and this connects2 adapter im assuming? this wire then goes back and splits across lots of different ones including a blue one that goes up behind the dash.
IMG_0657_zpsb413cbf7.jpg

The said wire
IMG_0658_zps626df0d8.jpg

more cables :s
IMG_0660_zps87a4beff.jpg

the connects2 box
IMG_0661_zpsb6b6c427.jpg

a brown wire and a 3.5mm headphone jack? :s this has a connector on the end that fits into the connects2 box
IMG_0662_zps3209a277.jpg

When removing everything none of this was wired up??
does this make sense to anyone?

Theres a few more pics on my thread
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...n!-Someone-help-please!&p=9486442#post9486442
Thanks in advance for help

Last edited:
Its a stalk adapter harness. Allows you to control an aftermarket headunit from the steering wheel controls.
The blue wire looks to be a remote wire for a previously fitted amp.

If you want to get rid of it just get a standard kenwood harness, unplug the existing one from the little yellow connector, and the iso block.
Then fit the standard Kenwood harness and leave the yellow plug coming from the loom loose.

Or you could unplug the patch lead from the connects2 box (the 3.5/2.5mm + brown wire harness) and source a kenwood one so you can use stalk controls with your existing headunit.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8651.html

Its a stalk adapter harness. Allows you to control an aftermarket headunit from the steering wheel controls.
The blue wire looks to be a remote wire for a previously fitted amp.

If you want to get rid of it just get a standard kenwood harness, unplug the existing one from the little yellow connector, and the iso block.
Then fit the standard Kenwood harness and leave the yellow plug coming from the loom loose.

Or you could unplug the patch lead from the connects2 box (the 3.5/2.5mm + brown wire harness) and source a kenwood one so you can use stalk controls with your existing headunit.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8651.html

​thanks for your help! kenwood lead ordered, thanks again

Double check the back of your Kenwood has the port for that lead.
I'm not sure if there are variations. That was just a 30sec google that bought that up.

There are 2 variations one that needs to be connected it to the iso(mine) and one that needs to be plugged into a separate port

Mine should be coming any time soon, Hopefully its not going to be such a pain in the arse as yours was!
My mate should be able to fix it though if I can't do it lol

Once I'd figured out what the hell was going with help from fellow CS'rs it's actually a piece of piss to install just plug and play mate

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Great lol, Im using the standard HU so really hope it is plug and play. Do all the buttons work on the stalk?
Piece of piss to install...I've done 3 so far. The longest part is trying to get the bits out of the way behind the unit! (Put cable through the catch hole into the glovebox!)

Why do you need the connects2 box with the standard unit?

It means you can run your Ipod/Iphone instead of the 6 disc changer whilst still maintaining the stalk controls. Looks OEM, but also allows you to put the device in your glovebox away from prying eyes.

Oh right I think we have different connects2 boxes mine retains stalk controls with an aftermarket HU. I think Jared has the one that allows aux/iPod with standard HU

Piece of piss to install...I've done 3 so far. The longest part is trying to get the bits out of the way behind the unit! (Put cable through the catch hole into the glovebox!)

Im going to see if I can go upwards instead, thats where I put my phone, so on the dash on the top. Hopefully nothing will be blocking my way to much.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Oh right I think we have different connects2 boxes mine retains stalk controls with an aftermarket HU. I think Jared has the one that allows aux/iPod with standard HU

Correct, you have the connects2 stalk adapter, nobrain has an ipod/aux adapter. To completely different things.