ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Xenon!

Ph2 172
just got found out that my drivers side Xenon has blown and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it will cost to replace and if there are any cheaper roots than goin to renault?

cheers

S4 Avant
How has it blown?

Xenons are something that I've often had issues with. You need to try swapping parts over between the working light, and the one that doesn't work, to eliminate what has gone wrong.

It may well be though that taking it apart, and putting it back together again cures it, like it has done with me so often.

53 Clio 172
Don't go to Renault as they will charge you the earth (as always). I got mine from a website called Autobulbs - HID D2S Gas Discharge Bulbs 6000K

They cost me bout £70 for the pair but you can get them cheaper or more expensive. I fitted them myself as a garage would charge you a lot!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Unplug the wire that goes into the ignitor on the back of the lamp, its at the top and slides in.

Then replug it in and see if it works, if it does then the ignitor has gone, and is easy to change :)

Ph2 172
would i have to change them both so they match or will the 6000k one be the same as the standard renault xenon bulb that is in?

53 Clio 172
would i have to change them both so they match or will the 6000k one be the same as the standard renault xenon bulb that is in?

Personally, I would change them both as the other one could go the next week! 6K will still have an OEM look but has a slightly blue-er light which I think looks really nice!