ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help

Sounds like something is placing undue stress on it. Ive had a similar problem and it never returned (touch wood). My box is on 99k and doing just fine - my flatmates one lasted until 130k (when the car was flooded).

Well I for one would like to know how you lot manage this?

Lotus dont have problems, same diff set up in the esprit.

i have never managed it, I have boxes that have done over 200k. And they are used hard, ask Rustyarchs.

The standard box is good for whatever you can throw at it.

I suggest you find someone that can insert a thrust washer and circlip properly.

Im with Chris on this one. If its happened three times then theres some other component problem/process of wear in play.

There isnt any box that springs to mind as an uprated item. If you choose to take a more rounded view on this, maybe youd want to consider reducing the stress on the box by fixing what seems to be causing the problem and maybe fitting an uprated dogbone mount or heavy duty clutch kit.