ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

here is a pic off my new sub

renault clio 172 2002
Picture038.gif

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats big, i'd rather have the extra 2 seconds back you've lost to 60 though ;)

renault clio 172 2002
lol i was thinking that but if i get fed up off it i can take it out its quick release im off to give it a wirl in a min not tried it out loud cause neighbours are fannies

renault clio 172 2002
not possible a 10 inch sub will be much more responsive and punchier but you need to go bigger to get more lower deep bass you dont see night clubs with 10 inch subs or mettalica on tour lol lol lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not possible a 10 inch sub will be much more responsive and punchier but you need to go bigger to get more lower deep bass you dont see night clubs with 10 inch subs or mettalica on tour lol lol lol

when you start really looking into audio you will understand why your last post is silly

Image049.gif

Image048.gif

plays at a low frequency

Coiley'd Clio PH2
There really is no need to have such a big box.
A nice little sealed enclosure (perhaps ported) will give you very powerful deep bass.
Reminds me of those huuggeee boxes you see in halfords with a "fli" sub in them. £49 for 1000w peak power. About 80w RMS.

Taylor what is that?
Whatever it is, that is one large magnet!

renault clio 172 2002
i can appreciate what your saying mate but what i lack in car information i can make up for in sound information im not saying 10s are not good im saying that a 10 wont give out as deep bass as a 15 a 15 will move much more air this giving you much deeper noise

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
There really is no need to have such a big box.
A nice little sealed enclosure (perhaps ported) will give you very powerful deep bass.
Reminds me of those huuggeee boxes you see in halfords with a "fli" sub in them. £49 for 1000w peak power. About 80w RMS.

Taylor what is that?
Whatever it is, that is one large magnet!

its my uber special powebass xl2

one of only 2 in the country acoring to the importer.

loud as hell for a 10" in a wee 0.5 cbft sealed box with 550 RMS

soon to be going to make way for my new even more expensive 10" sub

Monaro VXR
If the subs are identical say a bigger PBX one then he is somewhat right a 10" cone compared to the 15" cone would not be as deep but would be punchier. usually.

But you can get 10's that drop to very low levels. Your cheap subs like the jbl's etc wont drop as low even in a 15" cone as a top end 10" cone though.

You really do get what you pay for with subs I find.

VX220 Turbo
lol gotta love cheap subs and amps!

took a 1000w (bullshit) toxic amp apart the other day cos it was broken was amusing to see how little there was inside the big case (which only reason must of been to make people think it was powerfull.

you are correct here. in an ideal world the smaller the driver the more responsive. think about it this way, what's easier to change direction - a clio or a bus.

BUT, now days with the way speakers are designed you can get 15's or even 18's that will be damn accurate ( RE XXX's, orion H2's etc) so people probably wouldn't be able to tell it was that size. Bearing this in mind, the smaller version of this sub will be yet more accurate.

the yellow speakers in the pictures are very responsive due to the fact that they have a kevlar cone and so weigh very little. however the 10's will be better for *SQ* than mine.

HTH

Gordon
(UK SPL Judge)

Monaro VXR

you are correct here. in an ideal world the smaller the driver the more responsive. think about it this way, what's easier to change direction - a clio or a bus.

BUT, now days with the way speakers are designed you can get 15's or even 18's that will be damn accurate ( RE XXX's, orion H2's etc) so people probably wouldn't be able to tell it was that size. Bearing this in mind, the smaller version of this sub will be yet more accurate.

the yellow speakers in the pictures are very responsive due to the fact that they have a kevlar cone and so weigh very little. however the 10's will be better for *SQ* than mine.

HTH

Gordon
(UK SPL Judge)

Big fan of RE subs have a 12" SE in my own car in a small sealed 1cu ft box sounds brilliant. Punchy yet able to drop. Nice balance and compliments the system brilliantly.

Although new car will mean 2 10's up front and an 18" in the rear. The car as standard comes with 10" subs up front in the doors so will be replacing them with better 10's an upgrading the system as a whole.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ps them puctures above are zimsoundz's,
anythink i know of audio pretty much learnt from him

O4 Dynamique
right im giving you an ultimatum, either you sell that on ebay within 24 hours, or you will be banned from driving a clio ever again.
Thank you very much.

clio sport 172 ph2
bit chavy lads!! anyone find themselves turning the the wireless down when coming to a built up area! lolmuch rather hear the engine noise

O4 Dynamique
bit chavy lads!! anyone find themselves turning the the wireless down when coming to a built up area! lolmuch rather hear the engine noise

did you know: the most important thing in life to remember is:

to remember yourself in a busy crowd, so you dont get lost, also ant_wales has thought about getting a wide arch kit and a heavy roof scoop, people what do we think?