ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here's a Question for HIFI gurus

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Recently attempted to sell a pair of B&W 603 S3's on eBay, however they were damaged ( wood only) in transit.
The courier service I used will be reimbursing me the cost of the speakers plus they are posting back the damaged B&W's.

Now my Question.......rather than throw them away, I want to be brave and design a new cabinet.

Is this possible? The drivers are undamaged, as are the crossovers etc etc it's purely cosmetic damage.

I'm in no rush, just thought it could be a nice little winter project.

What are the complexities involved? Internal measurements, porting, bracing, volume and so on.

Anyone ever tried this before?

ha9a4a3y.jpg

vedetaqa.jpg

Find out how many litres the box is would be a start. Put a thick plastic bag/ sheet in the box without the speakers in and fill with water. That will give you an idea. Get onto a audiophile forum would be the best bet IMO.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Don't build new boxes - it's more complicated than you think.

I'd repair and redo these personally - infact I have had a similar project going on for about 7 years lol - will finish them one day

Google Zebrano speakers - I'm going a little bit darker but this veneer is amazing!