ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hesitant, feel like it wants to stall when pulling away and shifting?

my clio seems to want to stall when pulling away, its almost as if when i press the accelerator, the revs dip before increasing, its actually hard to pull away with out thinking your going to stall. it seems worse in reverse for some reason...

also when changing gears, its like when you release clutch and accelerate, it takes a second to realise im accelerating, so its very unsmooth gear change almost feel like you hit a wall sometimes before it picks up revs! (again it must be due to the revs dropping a tad?)

also when driving along at around 2k rpm, it seems very hesitant, feels abit like a turbo car with lagg....

the toxic gas engine light came on, so ive had the code read, the code was P0500 Vehicle speed sensor "a" but i cant seem to find a definite answer as to what this means?

ive cleaned the intake out, this made no difference what so ever..

any ideas? its driving me insaine!

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
i have the same problem on my 1.2 (90k), have to raise the clutch really high to get the bighting point also the accelerator pedal is very close to the floor.
(do i need to change the clutch and the accelerator cable) is this normal?

any help would be much appreciated

thank you

my bite point is normal, and the accelerator feels normal, just seems to lag and hesitate at around 2k rpm