ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitates when cold

Black 182 FF
I think most of them seem a bit rough when cold, mines hopeless till I've been driving 3 or 4 minutes at least.

BMW M135I
ive noticed this since its been serviced, big service that is! with cambelt etc but once warmer after 3-4 minutes it becomes ok

ReanultSport Clio 182
I read somewhere that clio's will run a bit rough for the first few min's untill the engine has gone over to 'closed loop'. Whatever that means!

RS RIP
^^

You all just watch your watertemp-read on the dial when leaving home. When it starts to get to almost normal temp ; the hesitation is gone

It's a built in limiter

Erm, I doubt its a built in limiter mate!

As mentioned above its to do with the car not being on closed loop fuelling control when the car first starts up. When the engine is stone cold it needs more fuel so the ecu will just chuck loads in until it gets to a certain temp then it will switch to closed loop which basically means the ecu can change the ammount of fuel going into the engine based on signals coming from either a MAF sensor or an oxygen sensor.

RS RIP
Erm, I doubt its a built in limiter mate!

As mentioned above its to do with the car not being on closed loop fuelling control when the car first starts up. When the engine is stone cold it needs more fuel so the ecu will just chuck loads in until it gets to a certain temp then it will switch to closed loop which basically means the ecu can change the ammount of fuel going into the engine based on signals coming from either a MAF sensor or an oxygen sensor.

^^ right, you seem to know what you're talkin about. I call it limiter but you may be saying what i meant . It is done by watertemp sensor, watch your gauge . When going close to normal running temp for the FIRST time (you can actually see it rise and fall the first 10 minutes) , car will start to run normal.

clio 1.2
get a clifford intelstart then and start up five minutes before you set off, concept 600 around 400 quid fitted .