ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey everyone!

Hey everyone, thought I should say hi as been browsing the forum for a while now, bought my 172cup a few weeks ago and really loving it! Hope to take it out on my first track day at some point this year to really make the most of it! Its completely standard and will be staying that way unless I get the urge for some performance modifications :evil:

Haven't got any pics but this was my old car, quite a change Im sure you'll agree!

Cheers, Chris.

PICT0025.gif

Hey guys, loved my Golf, was completely mint, was pushing on 140k though and wanted something quicker, thought about an engine swap (1.8t) but after doing some research nothing seems to touch the 172cup for power per £!! Not regretting the upgrade at all though! :D

i can beat that m8, 4 Mk2s 2 Mk1s 2 Scirrocos 1 Corrado 1 G40 i loved em then they launced the Mk3 ( pile a shite)

A number of clios
welcome to the club mate i was always a v dub fan always wanted a mk2 gti 16v but bought my clio to tied me over till my insurance came down but that was 3 years ago and never wanted to change it for anything else (part from a 172/182)

Valver..
welcome bud... i would havre kept the Golf mate... i have a real soft spot for mk2 golfs.... looks stunning mate.. hopefully see u at one of the track days!

Clio 172 01 & MK1 Golf
Nice mk2!:cool:

I've got a soft spot for watercooled VW´s too, right now I've got a mk1 Golf and a mk1 Caddy. But there have been one or another car before...:eek:
VW Golf GL 4d 75
VW Golf GL 4d 83
VW Caddy 88
VW Lupo 1,4 1999 Low as hell, abused mostly on trackdays.
VW Golf mk2 16V88
VW Polo CL Coupé-85
VW Polo Steilheck-83
VW Jetta diesel-83
VW Scirocco mk2 gts-83

Fletch123 said:
Welcome to C.S

Whats the 0 to 60 of the Mk2 Golf?

Mine was an 8valve so probably about 8/9 seconds, mine was fairly standard engine wise, had a performance induction kit, ignition leads and exhaust but that was it. Spent some serious £££ on that car but ultimately it was getting to the point where the cost and time of maintaining it and keeping it mint was more than I could manage, it went to a good home with a friend of mine so I still see it around!

clio head said:
welcome bud... i would havre kept the Golf mate... i have a real soft spot for mk2 golfs.... looks stunning mate.. hopefully see u at one of the track days!

Im gonna try to make at least one track day this year, money is tight after buying the cup and have a holiday to save up for but maybe towards the end of the year I can give it hell on a track! :evil: