ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hey guys

Clio sport mk2
Hey i've had my clio mk2 1.4 sport for over a year now and have decided that it needs a few modifications.
I'm mainly looking to change the handling but also power in the long run!
So just wondering what you guys would suggest, so far i'm thinking of going to a scarp yard finding a clio trophy and seeing if I can buy the suspension of that:D

appreciate any ideas

Cheers

Alright matey, welcome.

As far as mods go, on a 1.4, personally the only engine mods I would go for would be induction and an exhaust, for sound reasons. But so much you can do to exterior :D

Clio sport mk2
hey guys, yeh ok i'll put sum pics up when im home and its clean!
anyone have ideas to improve the handling?

182trophy & Williams
Hello and welocme

^^^coilovers, i would scrap the trophy suspension idea, dont get many scrapped throphies as is and the sachs dampers are not cheap

Hey i've had my clio mk2 1.4 sport for over a year now and have decided that it needs a few modifications.
I'm mainly looking to change the handling but also power in the long run!
So just wondering what you guys would suggest, so far i'm thinking of going to a scarp yard finding a clio trophy and seeing if I can buy the suspension of that:D
Forget th power go for exhaust etc if you want noise otherwise best mod for power is to change the engine for a 172 etc.

Forget the trophy dampers you need the driveshafst wishbones arb and hubs and then calipers for easy and the car isn't the correct wfront end weight plus you realy need the rear beam as well and then you have the ABS issue unless you swp to a 172 abs system its a lot of error and not ideal.

bets off spending a fortune on a set of good coilovers and then get all new bushes abll joints etc to egt the best out of the car.

fdamm you, you have a trophy!!! i want one!!
How do you know you'll like one have you ever driven one?

Clio sport mk2
i've been drivin in one and loved it, person wouldnt let me drive it as it was their pride and joy!

sounds like u know what yr talking about. do you know of a good make of coilovers that you think would suit my car?

i've been drivin in one and loved it, person wouldnt let me drive it as it was their pride and joy!

sounds like u know what yr talking about. do you know of a good make of coilovers that you think would suit my car?

Personaly you have to spend a lot to be worthwhile so H and R's at £750 ex fitment etc or Ledas (£1k+) or for track work Bilstein maybe.

Anything less and you have to take compromises if you want to that them its your savings etc.