ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey there

Hey there guys.Im new to this forum, we dont have a clio or renault forum in South Africa.I should start one maybe?

Just a question for ane1 in the know, my clio seems to be drinking powersteerin oil, needing a fill at least once a month.

I have checked and there are no leaks in the system , so ????

Also, with regard to power upgrades, I was thinking decat and chip.What sort of power gains would I be expecting?

Ford Fiesta

there will prob be a leak if you are topping it up that much every month. Hidden somewhere. IS cap in good condition?

what you topping up with, the renault elf matic stuff?

thanks for th ewelcome.

will get the pas lines checked then.I have been using elf transmission oil, cos renault was outa stock of the p/s oil when i bought the stuff,salesman said its the same stuff.

does the 172 come with traction control?

Hi :)

power upgrades a de-cat and ECU work isnt a bad place to start but dont go for a "one fits all" chip get a piggyback ecu or standalone ecu and have the car set up on a rolling road. This will give you the best gains and you can have them remapped when you fit mods like cams etc.

Some 172s came with traction/esp but not all. on UK models it was late 2002 cars IIRC youll have a traction/esp button down on a blank next to the dash dimmer roller if the car has it.

, thanks looney.What gains can I expect from a decat, full exhaust and chip?my car pushed 102kw OTW last dyno day, thats 137 hp

Youll only see marginal gains tbh. Increase changes car to car but i wouldnt expect much over 10bhp if that. Car will have better smoother power delivery and be freer revving though.

Define "messing with the engine too much" Do you mean all mods that can be unbolted easily or anything short of a turbo/ thottle bodies?

was thinking not to tinker with the engine too much(for now) no turbos or tbs etc.....im thinking mbe just filter, zorst, chip....

Quote: Originally posted by Zahid on 12 August 2005

was thinking not to tinker with the engine too much(for now) no turbos or tbs etc.....im thinking mbe just filter, zorst, chip....

Doesnt leave alot without more internal work. i guess you could fit a 182 exhaust manifold and have the inlet flowed. Then the ports matched on the head. Thats about as much as you can do before you head into cams, more invasive headwork, crank and flywheel lightened and balanced and throttle bodies or turbos. I guess you could class nitrous as fairly easy but it needs to be set up right and even then its not advisable to run larger BHP jets. It will give you a step in the right direction though.