ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all noob to site, looking for advice

Hi all great site, had my clio 182 05 plate for three months and love it.
Need help, advice have water in drivers side footwell anyone had this problem
Thanks Paul. Blackpool

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I can't help with the water in the footwell problem but I am also a Paul M from Blackpool.

Welcome along buddy, there are quite a few of us locally should you need a hand with anything :smile:

Haha Paul M your not a Martin are you ? Typhoon said scuttle drain, ive had the scuttle off but cant see any drain only a big hole that some wires go through on the drivers side under the scuttle area. Maybe its missing a rubber gromit ? any more help Typhoon would be great. Thanks

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I am infact a Morgan for my sins haha

You can tag people to make them aware which will bring their attention back to the thread for you, just use the @ sign followed by their username (A little list should pop up when you start typing) @Typhoon etc

Also a quick search for the location of the drainage holes brought back the following... "both front foot wells were full of water. Cut a long story short , the cause was the centre heater bulkhead drain tube blocked situated under wiper trim. Full of leaves, so I threw it away and not had any problems since. You can pull it out very easily it's just to the left of the coolant bottle behind heat shield padding"

That may point you closer to where it is.

I am infact a Morgan for my sins haha

You can tag people to make them aware which will bring their attention back to the thread for you, just use the @ sign followed by their username (A little list should pop up when you start typing) @Typhoon etc

Also a quick search for the location of the drainage holes brought back the following... "both front foot wells were full of water. Cut a long story short , the cause was the centre heater bulkhead drain tube blocked situated under wiper trim. Full of leaves, so I threw it away and not had any problems since. You can pull it out very easily it's just to the left of the coolant bottle behind heat shield padding"

That may point you closer to where it is.
Thanks for the help Paul, gona have another look when it stops raining !!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Welcome to the site mate, it's a good un!

Few things,

Get some pics of the car up.
£12 membership will earn its weight in gold.
Hope you sort the drainage problem

Just solved the problem but not sure how im gona cure it ? Water collects in the rubber door seal at the bottom on the sill and then slowly trickles in down the plastic sill cover inside. 😞
Thanks for the welcome imprezaworks

Titanium 182
Welcome to the forum pal! What colour is your 182? I've been seeing a new BG around alot recently, given the driver a few waves but nothing back so far!

Thanks for the welcome mate, silver in colour and i bought it off a lady owner in Thornton. :smiley:
clio.JPG