ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi all

renault clio 197
hi everyone....
im jim from cheltenham, i have just bought myself a 06 clio 197 in albi blue.. hopefully collecting it next week. first renault i have owned and i was very impressed with the handling and braking. great wee car looking forward to taking ownership :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice! Got a few choice options on it too!

Welcome to the club.

renault clio 197
thanks daniel its a nice car very very clean not a mark on it.. the add is wrong its only had 1 owner not 4..
i had a mini cooper s before and fancied another 1 til i drove the clio and i must say i was very impressed

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had... ooohh, um, I think I had 6 197's when I worked for renault. And i've got a 200 on order so I can safely say i'm a fan!

What (in your opinion) is better about the 197 over the MCS?

renault clio 197
well imo (of course) for a start the overall size the mini is just too small for everyday use.. dare i say the fit and finish inside the clio is superior to that of the mini.. the seats are comfortable but give excellent support far better than the mini.. on the road the clio is a better drivers car i had a good test drive (approx 20 miles) and the handling the crisp (although the dreadful runflats ruin the mini :( ) brakes are excellent the brembo's certainly stop you. the mini crashes and bangs over uneven surfaces but i found the clio to be surprisingly comfortable on bumpy b roads.
there is not a lot in it by no means and the mini is a great car i loved mine but the clio def has the slight edge