ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from scotland

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Hey folks

Been on here a little while looking for a cliosport. I was using a 1.2 Clio as my daily to keep the miles down on my mk1 focus RS but wanted something a little faster to keep me happy.

So I found the car for me. It's a black phase 1 with 81500 miles on it. It's going to see done track action in the future do should be fun. It's had a bundle of cash spent on it and everything underneath has been replaced, and I mean everything.

Heres some pics

54F1109A-236D-4D2B-82F3-8C2C2ABABD0E-6453-0000058AE2CF6CDC.jpg

377FE355-4FE3-41D5-B9B8-370E104EBF14-6453-0000058AE956BDF8.jpg

159E522C-2664-4959-86D8-DC2E3FA25C5F-6453-0000058B049343FE.jpg

794CEFC9-1F6E-4E77-949B-B814CEC788F5-6453-0000058B0E888439.jpg

Its got a big spec sp enjoy the read lol

New timing belt kit and water pump
Full service including all filters and plugs
New thermostat
New radiator
New suspension arms including ball joints
New track rods and track rod ends
All new suspension bolts from renault
New driveshafts
New gearbox oil including synionic gear treatment
New front hubs
New front and rear wheel bearings
New Brake calipers front and rear
New brake cables
New abs rings

Modifications-

Air con removed with new tensioner and belt
Koni adjustable Shockers
Eibach proline lowering springs
Eibach camber bolts
Powerflex suspension arm bushes
Powerflex outer and inner anti-roll bar bushes
Pure motorsport upper solid top mounts complete with strut brace and new spring plates
Pipercross viper induction kit
K tec cat back exhaust
K tec upper solid engine mount
Powerflex dogbone mount bushes
National performance drilled and grooved front and rear discs
Ebc yellow stuff front pads
Ebc red stuff rear pads
Goodridge braided brake hoses
Dot 5.1 racing brake fluid
Foglights removed for brake cooling ducts
Motorsport front tow eye
Extended stud kit fitted to front and rear hubs( coverts from bolts to nuts with longer studs for running spacers)
Mocal 16 row oil cooler with braided lines and thermostatic sandwich plate
Original OZ 15x7 inch alloys fitted with toyo proxes T1R tyres

It needs a proper 4 wheel alignment and I've got some plans for it do will start a project thread later.

Got a trs tow strap, wipers and a Fabia splitter on order just for starters.

Comments welcome :)

Cheers

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye? They are so cheap im almost tempted to buy another one just incase the cambelt goes lol... I bought mine from a boy in Crieff for buttons!

Is it a Mk1 or 2 Focus RS you have?

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Tbh I think I paid top money for this one. But considering the mods and parts that have been replaced it was good IMO. It came with £2k of receipts not including a few the guy had lost. Plus the receipts were at cost price as he worked in a parts place so got things very cheap. I'd estimate the parts fitted to this not including fitting would cost a normal person buying from online etc around £3k maybe £3500. Plus the car.

I paid £1700 btw which i could justify for peace of mind

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Welcome mate, Im from bonnybridge. Theres quite a lot from the central area on here. Both cars are mint! Cant say I've seen your focus around and its definately one that would catch my eye!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Fair play!

Mine needs work but i bought it as a stop gap! I need five doors as the missus is due so im sort of fucked in that sense, shes sort of fucked in the sense that she doesnt know im keeping the Phase 1 aswell lol.

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
The guy I bought it from is also called aldo on here lol. Aldo172 I think.

Would be good to meet some local owners

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What miles is it on? Tbh it looks fit for purpose!

All the local boys are up Knockhill tomorrow for the hot hatch track day mate, short notice but they are going!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I love Pearl black on the Phase 1's. 1700 seems realistic given the mods etc

I paid £800 for my Exclusive with 116k on it lol

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Well my mate sold a ph1 172 last year for £1750 and it was tidy but not as tidy as your one seems! I'd say it was a good price for what you got! IMO anyway.

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Yeh that's what I thought. It spend all it's time in bits since November so had a lot of the guys time in it aswell.

For the cash I'm happy with it do that's all that matters lol

The manifold on the RS was dearer than my whole clio lol

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
The body works not 100% mint aswell but for its age it's pretty good. It'll be better after the stickers are removed and it's been machine polished

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Bang for buck, there isnt much else out there that comes close to RS Clios. And thats coming from someone who isnt a big fan of Renaults lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Bang for buck, there isnt much else out there that comes close to RS Clios. And thats coming from someone who isnt a big fan of Renaults lol

+1

I get absolute pelters in work for driving a 'girls Y plate green Clio' funny that opinion changed when passing both a 2.0 TDi Leon and Golf at 135mph changed almost instantly....

:D

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Lol mine is pretty terrible to drive right now due to the suspension not being set up correctly. Everything was fitted but since it was never insured/taxed the guy never got it set up properly. Don't think anywhere nearby is open tomorrow if anyone know?But early next week it should be done and I'll hopefully start enjoying it lol

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Yeh was either there or Hypertech. They set up my RS and were great

Ive got another annoying problem. The car only came with 1 key but the button doesn't work. So I'm after another one. I've read that some clios just need the blade cutting on a new key and they'll start the car. Is this the case with the phase 1s? Or do they need coded?

Cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i think John @ Progrip is quite a bit cheaper than Hypertech? although ive never used them. John is only one hours labour to setup a ph1 so less than £40 usually

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Booked it in with pro grip for Thursday at 3.15. Will see how it goes. Since its needing camber set up its £57. Tenner cheaper than Hypertech. Will see how they compare lol

Cheers for the recommendation